Thursday, May 26, 2005

Medical Trauma

On Monday I underwent ear surgery because I've had a chronic ear infection for about a year. I woke up with a big frickin pile of gauze around my head and what looked like a cup strapped to my left ear. I couldn't hear anything out of my left ear. (well, hardly at all). This totally sucked, folks. I encourage you never to acquire a chronic ear infection. The painkillers they gave me just made me puke so I've just been alternating between ibuprofin and tylenol. I finally took the gauze off a couple days ago and was unpleasantly surprised to find that it really didn't help my hearing much at all. However, it has very very very slowly been getting a little better. I just need to bitch I guess. The pain is subsiding. I will survive.

On the upside, then next day I had a heart checkup and I found out that my heart is still beating and won't need to be replaced anytime soon.

The next day I had a dentist appointment and while I found I do need to get my wisdom teeth removed (yay, more surgery), I didn't have any cavities. So that's cool.

I'm gonna play a show tonight. I'm a little nervous as to how it will go because I can't hear so well...but actually when I've played guitar here in my room I've been fine...so it will probably be just fine.

-TK

No comments: