Saturday, January 24, 2009

Discovering old CD's

I'm currently in the process of ripping all my CDs.  This is an extremely scary and daunting task, because I've bought way too many and I was a member of BMG way back when, so I've got way too many.

I still want to keep some CD's so I can have a nice snobby collection for display (tempered with some of my guilty pleasures of course).  However, I have two tubfulls of CDs and I'm slowly going through them.  What a task.

Anyway, I ran across a CD by Plain Jane Automobile.  It's just a little 5 track EP that I picked up when they were opening for Ours I think.  I don't too often buy CDs at shows because I usually have the artist's I came to see music already and I am rarely too impressed by the opening band.  Anyway, I picked this up because it was superbly energetic and the lead singer's voice was great.  I had forgotten about this and just wanted to give them a little shout out--great band.

Check them out.

No comments: